Tour System for Newcomers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tour System for Newcomers

Post  masterrobot on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm sure a lot of you have been hearing my ideas for this, but I wanted to post them and make it official. So, one of the things that I think would really help us advertise the server is cool builds. I see these starting to happen, and once we get enough, we can make a video. However, once that video goes up on YouTube(and viral of course), the newcomers won't have an effective way to look at the server without people saying: "join my town, join my town." This is why I am proposing a build that would solve this problem. It would include a city of skyscrapers that represent each town. I already have a lot designed and they are awesome! They would be anywhere from 10-15 stories, meaning that there could be 10-15 people per skyscraper if we don't double up stories. The city would have its own mine, so that they could mine while deciding where they want to go, and once they finally do, the rail system would provide for excellent transportation of the materials to any town. It would also serve as a great way to sight-see the server. And, as well as serving for a great way to welcome them, it could serve as a great way to advertise because-seriously- 150 block tall skyscrapers are epic.

masterrobot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tour System for Newcomers

Post  Ellendyra on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 pm

You really love skyscrapers...
Ellendyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:33 pm

I think this will work quite nicely. We would still need someone to make the video and stuff and what will the skyscrapers do to help people decide which town to join?
Endermanslayer66
Admin

View user profile http://easylink.wix.com/econicraft

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Wow this is an old post.  My idea was that we would build a town where people could stay for a few days until they visited each town.  They would do this by riding a rail system around that would show them all the cool things on the server.  But...this time the towns are too far apart.  I am planning on building a horse and rail way but i want to wait until the towns are developed.

masterrobot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top