Econicraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host?

4 posters

Go down

Would you recommend using the trial hosting service for Econicraft 2.0?

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? Vote_lcap60%What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? Vote_lcap40%What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? Empty What do you think of the 48-hour trial host?

Post  SPWeber Sat May 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Do you think the server was smooth enough to host Econicraft 2.0?
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? Empty Re: What do you think of the 48-hour trial host?

Post  Sminty10 Sat May 25, 2013 7:01 pm

While on the server testing our automatic bombing machines I found the server to cope with multiple tnt explosions extremely well. Overall the server host performs well of lag, the only time I noted some lag (which only lasted for a short while) was when I felt like spawning 512 ghasts. While I don't know the specs of the host (ram etc) I would be delighted if Econicraft 2.0 was hosted with them.

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? 2013-012

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? 2013-013

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? 2013-014

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? 2013-015
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the 48-hour trial host? Empty Re: What do you think of the 48-hour trial host?

Post  uinShane Sat May 25, 2013 7:15 pm

I am just not sure that once all the plugins are up and running that the server will be able to handle a large number of entities, just as was the case with our previous host. Also some of the reviews I have seen of Treepuncher have not been the greatest. This is the server review site I have been looking at http://www.bestminecrafthosts.com/
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sat May 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Ah yes! I completely forgot about all the mods we will be requiring for our server. Well that is something we definitely need to look into, maybe if we could find the stats for our previous host we could compare and see whether it would struggle to handle the load.
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Sat May 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Hey guys! Okay so just to respond to everything you guys have been talking about:

1. The host we used for the trial was Treepuncher.com

2. We had about 1 GB of ram during the trial

3. I am currently considering getting us cubedhost with 3 GB in order to help with all the plugins we use

4. Any and all recommendations/donations are appreciated at this point

5. Seriously, this is gonna be really expensive if we get what we need so if you can, the link for the donations page is below. It's safe, easy, and you can name your own amount Smile

http://easylink.wix.com/econicraft#!donate/c1uo8
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

http://easylink.wix.com/econicraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Yeah, it sounds like 1 GB wont be enough to handle our plugins and maintain a fast server. I will try my best to get some money out to this server, but lets just say I'm not the richest person :/ sure wish I was though..... xD
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down