Econicraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on?

4 posters

Go down

What is going on? Empty What is going on?

Post  uinShane Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Hello all!
I have become very disturbed and curious as to what is going on with our dear Econicraft, or whatever we were planning to call it.  I was away when the 3.0 Beta started although I did check in one night after I got back.  Since the server went down some short while later I have not seen it up again, meaning it has been over a week.  I am getting anxious to do some good old building, but will go looking for another server if this one does not come back up relatively soon.  I have been satisfying myself with Dwarves vs Zombies and The Hive games like Hide n Seek, but I have always been a builder and miss a stable server, even though it has only been a little over a week.  Whether it is John(Ender) or some other admin who might know something we don't, I would ask that something be at least posted to the forums so as to address the loyal followers who do get anxious and start to have questions and fears.  Thank you and I hope we can all have a nice chat again soon!!  bounce
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

What is going on? Empty Re: What is going on?

Post  masterrobot Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks for your concern uin.  I know you have stuck with Econicraft since the beginning and I respect that.  A lot of the admin have been busy, especially ender, and the server got pushed down to the bottom of the list.  Even though we plan on restarting the server, there has been talk of shutting it down.  That being said, I don't know when it will come back up because frankly, I seemed to be the only admin pushing for it.  I want to tell you to hang in there but I don't know how long I can say that because I don't know how long it will take for us to get the server running.  I don't have server config at all, my work can only be accomplished when the server is actually online.  I, too miss a stable server and feel the same way about it you do.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Genaro12345 Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:22 pm

When do you think we will be back up?
And what are the chances of it shutting down

Genaro12345

Http://steam-wallet.com/index.php?id=195443

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:09 pm

I honestly have no idea, and I can't make promises I have no control over if they happen.  I hope it gets back up, but I have no control over what happens. I'm going to get Ender to answer these questions for you. Hold on, I'll be right back.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Genaro12345 Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:17 pm

The chances pls?

Genaro12345

Http://steam-wallet.com/index.php?id=195443

Back to top Go down

Post  uinShane Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Maybe if John(Ender) can't find enough time to manage the server, then someone else should take up ownership of econicraft to get things rolling again.  I thought we had an external server already paid for, but if not then we just need someone to get a new one set and running again.  If John finds time later on, then ownership may be returned if said person chooses to relinquish ownership, or maybe just share.  We need to keep talking and work this out on our own if we want it back sooner though.
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Hey guys.  We are still going to do the server, but everyone is busy so it will be slow coming back up.  We already have another ip but none of the plugins are set up.  I proposed the idea of adding some admin that I've specifically named, so we'll see if it gets seconded.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 am

Right now the server is in a comatose state, meaning it might come back up. I'm ready to call it for now because no one has any time to do the console work, but everyone still says they want to do it.   When we all have time again, I hope we'll get it rolling. Check back in a few months and see if someone put something up.

Last edited by Masterrobot on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  uinShane Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:05 pm

If it is a case of a few months and you all are still looking for a temp server, then feel free to join me on the one I found out.  I don't want to get in trouble for advertising on here, so just message me and I'll let you know the ip and web page.  It's a pretty impressive server that runs mainly on bukkit, but has a bunch of extras.  16gb so it's quite a bit bigger than here and consistently has 30+ players online.  I'd love to be able to chat with some old faces again, so give me a hollar.
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey guys.   I have some good news.  I check in on the server about once a day and someone has done some console work on it.  By some I mean very little.  We don't have ranks or anything setup and there are a lot of plugins still to be set up but I can start on spawn once I get the go ahead. I'm going to figure out who did the console work and what to do from here and I'll let you guys know then.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Guys, last bit of news for a while.  The server we had is no longer running.  It was being paid basically by one person, and I can't expect him to pay the bill by himself but what this means is that if we were to do something it would be a cold startup with a brand new server.  1.7 is coming out soon though and there will be plenty of great servers that run it.  Maybe when we all get some time we can start it up again but it takes a lot of effort and time to start it up.  It's been fun playing with you guys hopefully I'll see you around.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  uinShane Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:47 pm

I miss this community. Sad  I found a great towny server that is very similar on a much larger scale, but nothing compares to the very close community we had.  Not too big and not too small.  Just wanted to see if anyone still frequents these forums to see if there's any activity.  Anyways, hope you are all doing well and have a nice holiday season! Smile
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellendyra Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:20 pm

I found a server I like as well. Shadowspot.net if anyone is interested. It's kinda similar. It's towny with Mcmmo and it also has Mcjobs. we get about 20 or more people on the weekends. So it's roughly the same size as Econicraft was. SHane, Daddy_Pika played on it and probably still would if It wasn't for school. I hope everyone had a nice holiday. <3
Ellendyra
Ellendyra

Back to top Go down

Post  uinShane Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Hey Ellie!

I checked out the server and I gotta say it's pretty interesting, although im a bit overwhelmed not having done a class system before.Razz  I will try to get on same time as you at some point so I can join that town of yours.  Lemme know when's the best time to catch you on!  Hope to see some of you around soon!! Smile
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum