Econicraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're dying.

+4
masterrobot
Sminty10
cineloh
SPWeber
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're dying. Empty We're dying.

Post  SPWeber Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:33 pm

The server has been practically vacant for several days now, none of our regular players have been on and no new players have been joining. We are a version behind, which would be fine if we didn't have these other problems too. Some plugins have seemingly disappeared without a trace, and I haven't seen a fellow admin on for about 3 or 4 days now. We need to get people to come back and new people to join, and we need to get our plugin and MC version problems fixed, and soon if we want to survive.
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

We're dying. Empty Re: We're dying.

Post  cineloh Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Can't get on till it's updated.. don't feel like rollin back my MC.
cineloh
cineloh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Well, Im not quite a minecraft genius yet since ive only used it since late december so I dont actualy know how to roll back minecraft! lols ill find a youtube tutorial or just delete and find a 1.4.7 installer xD

I've brought 2 friends from school onto the server and I'm talkin to 3 more, hopefully ill get them online Razz
Although there only online in weekends :/
BUT THE SERVER HAS ME AND EVERYONE KNOWS IM ON EVERY MILISECOND OF MY SPARE TIME xD

Lols, I cant wait till
a. I roll back moi minecraft
b. the servers updated xD

Ill see ya in a few weeks everyone xD
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:46 pm

yeah! i rolled back my minecraft to 1.4.7, ill be online sometime today! But i have homework so yeah :/
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:15 pm

I guess I should take the five minutes to roll it back. Although I'll do it tomorrow so I can actually play.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  spacekitsch Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Sminty, Weber, Daddy, and I have been hanging out the server, so at least most of the staff is still with us!
spacekitsch
spacekitsch

Back to top Go down

We're dying. Empty We will not die.

Post  Daddy_pika Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:17 pm

I have ensured that the server is paid up For April and May. In return. we all need to do what we can to push for more members, I know that we have all been busy, Including myself, But we need to love our server.

Daddy_pika

Back to top Go down

Post  spacekitsch Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Daddy_pika wrote:I have ensured that the server is paid up For April and May. In return. we all need to do what we can to push for more members, I know that we have all been busy, Including myself, But we need to love our server.

Thank you Daddy. We should all try to get organized in the way we promote the server! I think being more involved on the Minecraft Forums could help.
spacekitsch
spacekitsch

Back to top Go down

Post  SPWeber Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:24 am

ENDER WHERE YOU AT MAN?!
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

Post  uinShane Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 am

I'm goin on a spring break trip for baseball this week. Hopefully they will have a debugged plugin build ready to go soon so I can come back to 1.5! Someone feed my dogs while I'm away, I'm pretty sure I heard their stomachs growling last time I was on. ;D
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:21 pm

uinShane wrote:I'm goin on a spring break trip for baseball this week. Hopefully they will have a debugged plugin build ready to go soon so I can come back to 1.5! Someone feed my dogs while I'm away, I'm pretty sure I heard their stomachs growling last time I was on. ;D

Ok will do, is it half zombie flesh half raw porkchop twice a day?
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  cineloh Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Does want MC.
cineloh
cineloh

Back to top Go down

Post  spacekitsch Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:33 am

Where is Ender??
spacekitsch
spacekitsch

Back to top Go down

Post  SPWeber Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 am

nobody knows, that's the problem
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

We're dying. Empty RE: Where is Ender

Post  Daddy_pika Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm

He has had some school stuff. Finals and so on, But i was talking to him. and he was on last night.
We are working on issues with the server and updates. Trust me. Theyre gonna be good for almost everybody.

Daddy_pika

Back to top Go down

Post  SPWeber Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:45 pm

is there any timeframe for that?
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

We're dying. Empty RE: Where is Ender

Post  Daddy_pika Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Not as of this point. But he is going to be doing the majority of the changes this weekend and next week.

Daddy_pika

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi guys! Believe me i'm not gone. Like Daddy said, I've been really busy but as soon as 1.5 Bukkit comes on we are gonna have some cool stuff Very Happy
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

http://easylink.wix.com/econicraft

Back to top Go down

We're dying. Empty Attracting New players.

Post  masterrobot Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:24 pm

One of the biggest thing that we HAVE to do with a server like this is attract a lot of new players. A server like this, whether we want it to or not, will have a decent turn over rate. I have already proposed a project officially in the builder's applications section that I feel would do a great job at not only helping to do just that but also by providing new player sot join, get a good server tour, and at least stay two weeks. I guess nobody liked it because ZERO people have commented. Or maybe you all think I can't pull it off? At any rate, I'm open to suggestions: What are your ideas for attracting new players? Also, optionally, what are your suggestions for keeping them here and not making them feel overwhelmed.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  spacekitsch Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Masterrobot wrote:One of the biggest thing that we HAVE to do with a server like this is attract a lot of new players. A server like this, whether we want it to or not, will have a decent turn over rate. I have already proposed a project officially in the builder's applications section that I feel would do a great job at not only helping to do just that but also by providing new player sot join, get a good server tour, and at least stay two weeks. I guess nobody liked it because ZERO people have commented. Or maybe you all think I can't pull it off? At any rate, I'm open to suggestions: What are your ideas for attracting new players? Also, optionally, what are your suggestions for keeping them here and not making them feel overwhelmed.

I totally agree! I think revamping spawn would be a good start, with signature building for each town like you sorta mentioned in builder app's section. Really I think the best thing to grow the server is to get people from the Minecraft Forums (looking for section). That's where a lot of us have come from anyway, and usually people there are seeking a permanent home server rather than hopping around place to place. We aren't going to grow exponentially unless we get a steady, regular base of non-staff players to build a foundation on. We already have a lot, be we still see times when the server is empty or there's very few people on. That has to change.
spacekitsch
spacekitsch

Back to top Go down

Post  SPWeber Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:48 pm

spacekitsch wrote:
Masterrobot wrote:One of the biggest thing that we HAVE to do with a server like this is attract a lot of new players. A server like this, whether we want it to or not, will have a decent turn over rate. I have already proposed a project officially in the builder's applications section that I feel would do a great job at not only helping to do just that but also by providing new player sot join, get a good server tour, and at least stay two weeks. I guess nobody liked it because ZERO people have commented. Or maybe you all think I can't pull it off? At any rate, I'm open to suggestions: What are your ideas for attracting new players? Also, optionally, what are your suggestions for keeping them here and not making them feel overwhelmed.

I totally agree! I think revamping spawn would be a good start, with signature building for each town like you sorta mentioned in builder app's section. Really I think the best thing to grow the server is to get people from the Minecraft Forums (looking for section). That's where a lot of us have come from anyway, and usually people there are seeking a permanent home server rather than hopping around place to place. We aren't going to grow exponentially unless we get a steady, regular base of non-staff players to build a foundation on. We already have a lot, be we still see times when the server is empty or there's very few people on. That has to change.

Also I think we could do with less people having /fly. I think that every single person that has been regular on the server has been able to fly, which doesn't mix well with survival. We do need to find a way to change spawn so it is more welcoming and shows off the towns, let's work together to incorporate all of our ideas to make spawn the best it can be and start to attract new people, we have a 30 slot server to work with, but most of the time 0-2 people are on. It's time to change that.
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 pm

If you want to make this new hotel city thing spawn, then I would be alright with that but is it alright if i get kit to help me build? Believe it or not we work well together. I might also ask other people to help build for example I have an idea for a tower for newplaza that I would also like sminty to help me build as well(I believe she's good at pixel art?) I think that would really help depict newplaza. And, on a related note, here are my proposals for fly: the only people that should have it at all are admin, mods, and builders. They should only use it when they are doing related work because other than that they're just regular members.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Masterrobot wrote:I have an idea for a tower for newplaza that I would also like sminty to help me build as well(I believe she's good at pixel art?)

Lols I'm quite good at pixel art, but the pixel art in the hall isnt my creation lols, the statues are though, my specialty xD
Im definatly for the idea of revamping spawn, and the towers/recruiting centres at spawn would be cool instead of members going to the first person to ask them to join their town Razz
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:55 pm

So is this happening?

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:07 am

Lols ive been checking the forums every day and finding no lava buckets and then i discover i wasnt logged in :/
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum