Econicraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play!

3 posters

Go down

Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play! Empty Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play!

Post  Endermanslayer66 Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Hello all!

As some of you may remember, a few months ago we had a bit of a run in with another server called Econicraft. They claimed that we had taken their name and that they had a "patent" on it. Well, after admin Spacekitsch brought a thread by these people to my attention, I found my way to their website (prepare yourselves folks).

While on their website, a certain something caught my eye that I thought was pretty darn funny. On their homepage, they have a screenshot of OUR homepage Link Here. If you scroll down a bit it's pretty obvious that this is the case and their website, besides our screenshot, is a hot mess of plagiarized material and unfinished work.

Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_Vx703uaOjZxfsi5bOpla7KuWNpssnUoMh8Vt_O9XY-zfh-7U

Although I really don't care that they did this (see above for image) it has made me realize that we need to stake our claim here online as a server. This will be one of the many tasks involved with building the server back up but I find it to be one of the more important ones because of the competition we have with other servers.

We might be coming back on line soon so prepare yourselves people!

Much love,
Ender

PS: Google "Econicraft" and guess who's the first to show Very Happy
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

http://easylink.wix.com/econicraft

Back to top Go down

Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play! Empty Re: Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play!

Post  SPWeber Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 pm

SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play! Empty Re: Oh joy! The trolls have come out to play!

Post  Endermanslayer66 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 pm

ikr?
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:44 pm

Hmmm perhaps we could use this to our advantage. Somehow.(more on that later if i figure it out) Also, unless he plays on the server, he has to have gotten that online. So there is a simple fix. We just put the ip address in a watermark over the images we put online. When he comes to the server, he's in our territory now. Here's to hoping he doesn't know how to edit videos...

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Haha I'm not going to be exposing anyone's personal IP for the record
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Our server ip xD. And if you feel like banning him that would be the next step, but if you mind that he's doing it then i'm confused...

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah same here. I don't think he's played with us in forever so we're good
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum