Econicraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Spawn Thread

5 posters

Go down

New Spawn Thread Empty New Spawn Thread

Post  spacekitsch Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Hey guys! We've been okayed by Ender to make a new spawn! It's gonna be a lot of work, but it'll be tons of fun! This thread will keep everyone updated.

I think by now we've settled on the the town idea for spawn, with a castle in the center. (Maybe?)
I've been thinking about the layout, but we'll have to wait to see what kind of terrain we'll be building on.

What we need to keep in mind with this spawn:
  • Functionality
    Easy in-and-out access
    Not too confusing

Another cool thing about this spawn town is that towns will have an opportunity to make their own embassy! But we'll focus on that last.

Right now we need to focus in on the building style. Here are a few cool builds that could inspire us!
Quaint Medieval Town by Steelfeathers
Oddworld's Medieval Town
Kingdom Of Verona
Strategic Medieval Minecraft Town

What do you guys think?
spacekitsch
spacekitsch

Back to top Go down

New Spawn Thread Empty Re: New Spawn Thread

Post  Leman_Russ75 Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:35 pm

i like all of them but i would have to say that if we cound do something incorparating these three. i would gladly help what ever the final plan is i just need someone to let me know the time and place.
Quaint Medieval Town by Steelfeathers
Oddworld's Medieval Town
Strategic Medieval Minecraft Town

Leman_Russ75

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Is there still a possibility for skyscraper city, even if its not spawn? Although, I think it would be better as spawn. How many modern cities do you see in Minecraft, I mean come on.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  spacekitsch Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 am

Masterrobot wrote:Is there still a possibility for skyscraper city, even if its not spawn? Although, I think it would be better as spawn. How many modern cities do you see in Minecraft, I mean come on.

Well this is just the first of many projects! Ender wants more events and building projects planned out, so I think a skyscraper city would also be hecka fun for a project. Maybe we could do that next and have it near spawn too, so people could go look at it easily (and it would look so cool off in the horizon!). We also might end up doing time laspe videos for these things if I can figure out an effective way to video tape it.
spacekitsch
spacekitsch

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Oh wow yeah I didn't think about the horizon look. In my experience, skyscrapers are best built in deserts because of the lack of weather, and they look really cool on the coast.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Leman_Russ75 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

just a side idea but could we also do an under ground city somewhere maybe even under the spawn if possible. the inspiration for the design could be based off of a cold war era fallout shelter. it would be something cool to have i think.

Leman_Russ75

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:58 pm

What if we used quartz as the walls and clay as the floor? That would work. Perhaps there could be fancier parts than others, where some parts would be a little spacious and others would like the power level in the map five on black ops zombies. And what would be cool is, if we set this up as a fallout shelter, we could have redstone circuit set up so that when a lever is pulled, redstone torches would pulse on and off in coordination with the lights or something so it would be like an alarm thing.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Or, what if we made spawn in the fallout shelter, with "spawn" being a post apocalyptic city, and the skyscraper city off in the distance. Now that would be cool. It would almost be like: here is your world after an apocalypse, go rebuild it. And would also be very much like a rebirth of the server.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

New Spawn Thread Empty YES!!

Post  bradenbob Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 pm

thats sounds amazing!! that would definetly bring the server back.

bradenbob

Back to top Go down

New Spawn Thread Empty But...

Post  bradenbob Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:24 pm

the server cant take this long after an update or nomatter what we do the server will never become popular.

bradenbob

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Yeah I know. What we should do is, after we're done with this, make a video for it, put the video up, and advise everyone to not update until bukkit updates, at which point the server should promptly update. Also, we should probably come up with the reason there was an apocalypse. I'm a fan of the meteor idea, because we take run-down cities and put craters in them. Sovietgrad anyone? That would look cool. It'd be a little bit of work, but worth it. It would also make sense with the fallout shelter. Of course, we could do anything, or nothing at all storywise.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

New Spawn Thread Empty Implementaton

Post  masterrobot Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:44 pm

So it seems that right now, myself included, we are all very busy with school. So school ends in mid-may for me and I'm sure that it ends around the same time for everyone else. That leaves with just over a month to come up with a plan so that we all know what we're building. So if we all like the bunker that leads into post apocalyptic town with skyscrapers in background idea, we should find a location and start sending samples that we've made in single player that would reflect this idea. Then we can have a mad build day when school gets out. Thoughts below?

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:09 am

Wow this all sounds amazing! All these ideas are awesome Razz Im for anything you guys want really and would love to be a help in the building xD.
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum