Econicraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Econicraft 2.0 - Coming June 2013

+5
spacekitsch
uinShane
Sminty10
SPWeber
Endermanslayer66
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Econicraft 2.0 - Coming June 2013 Empty Econicraft 2.0 - Coming June 2013

Post  Endermanslayer66 Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 pm

DUE TO OVERWHELMING SUPPORT, ECONICRAFT WILL BE BACK ONLINE JUNE 1ST.

In the short few weeks we have until our glorious server comes back online, we have many decisions to make and much planning to do.

This post will serve as a brainstorming arena where everyone will share their ideas about what Econicraft 2.0 should look like. To get the discussion going I have two questions that I would like everyone to answer:

1. What is the best MC server hosting site you know of?

2. Should we start off with a new map (keeping all plugins) to make space for the new spawn and all the other cool concepts that you guys were sharing in the new spawn thread?

After you answer those questions, give some of your own thoughts/ideas for other people to think about to keep the brainstorming going.

Thank you all so much for giving Econicraft the strongest community in the world and I can't wait to see what you people come up with!

See you all soon,
Ender

Last edited by Endermanslayer66 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

http://easylink.wix.com/econicraft

Back to top Go down

Econicraft 2.0 - Coming June 2013 Empty Re: Econicraft 2.0 - Coming June 2013

Post  SPWeber Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 pm

June cannot come fast enough, I knew everyone would want the server back, we are all friends on the server and I'm sure none of us would want to see it go. But we do also need to think about getting new people to come and join us. There have been many good ideas in these past months about how to do that. I think a new map is a good start for that, with a new community designed spawn. Of course people will miss the things left behind in the old world, but I think it is time we move on. Months after most people stopped playing I don't think people would really feel like going back to the same place. As always, let us know what you think in replies to this thread Smile
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sun May 12, 2013 12:48 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

lols while i will greatly miss new plaza I also think a new map will be a great starting point. It's time to really give econicraft a shake up. Also with the eventual new players we will need to create a plan with how we want our server to look within the next months. Whether we want to concentrate on the towny and economy stability, or if we want something different all together. We must consider whether we want it to be as politically focused as the moments before 1.5 were or if we want more relaxed admin-ship with a short set of rules but really trusting on our admins common sense. I think that we should keep our elections going, it makes players feel that they are in somewhat control of who they are forced to trust Razz (and so I may hopefully keep my position xD) But before we reach all that stuff, I think we should run Econicraft 2.0 for a week or so, then we can see how many people we are dealing with. I will be dancing with my friend at school when the server comes back online xD. Also I could start again on the hall of members. IDEA. Maybe we could start an official one as a part of spawn, where if a person has been on our server for a week, they can earn a spot in the hall? What do ya think?

Just a quick splatter of my general ideas

Sminty10

P.SL: I cant wait for the server to come back online and to see everyone again Smile
P.S.S: Sorry for the random L I made a bet with my mate that's here right now I could type this message without deleting anything xD I did pretty well and no spelling mistakes I must add Razz
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sun May 12, 2013 12:50 am

i just realized there are 20 days until June

fudge
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  uinShane Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 am

1) I was looking around and found this review site http://www.bestminecrafthosts.com/ From what I can tell here and other posts on the forums it sounds like EnviousHost is pretty good as far as price and services. Don't really know much about how servers are run personally, but it seems to be getting great reviews.

2) As much as I would like to continue the project I was working on, I think it would be best to go new. Especially with updates to the nether in 1.5, a new map will be sure to use all of its potential. Plus we can create a fun server event sometime in June for "Slaying of the EnderDragon!!" A fresh start will be just what everyone needs.

As I side note, I joined another server to keep busy while Econicraft is being revived. It has a really terrifying plugin called bloodmoon, which occasionally spices up the night with tougher mobs. Would be something fun for those who have a little extra fight in them. If you wanna check out the server, just to get some personal experience of what the plugin does, it's a very new one called Adeptcraft ip:192.210.233.99
uinShane
uinShane

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 am

Fantastic ideas so far guys!

I completely agree that a new map would have great potential when it comes to new, user generated builds. We might have to do an official vote on it but I think at this point it's pretty much been decided.

As Smint mentioned, 20 days is a LONG time! However, since June 1st is the release date, there needs to be some beta time in order to get things back in order before Econicraft goes public once again. What I'm trying to say is the server will be online a couple weeks BEFORE June 1st so that we can get all the preliminary builds completed such as the new spawn.

I'm expecting to be turning things back on within the next few days but I have to restart the payment process with our current host first.

Ender
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spacekitsch Sun May 12, 2013 11:38 am

New map, new spawn, new everything.

We need to actually plan things out before we open the server and make sure everything is perfect, so the minute it's made public it's playable with no glitches in the plugins or loopholes or anything. I'm getting a job over the summer so hopefully I'll be able to donate some more money.
spacekitsch
spacekitsch

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Sun May 12, 2013 3:01 pm

I completely agree space! I too am gonna be working to get some extra cash so hopefully the server will benefit in that way.
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sun May 12, 2013 11:25 pm

This is all very exciting news! After school and weekends I am at this servers mercy! Anything that needs to be done I AM HERE and I am sure that everyone will do what needs to be done to get this server back on its feet. Ender if anything needs to happen just give us a hola and we'll come arunin Razz
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Mon May 13, 2013 7:28 am

Like I have said before, you guys are an insanely amazing group of people and it's just so exciting to have a server where the community is this strong Very Happy
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Mon May 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Well I must be honest Cool we are a pretty awesome group. There's no denying it any more.
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Tue May 14, 2013 12:48 am

I still want to do my hotel idea for spawn with train stations that go to the towns. Perhaps we could dedicate buildings to the old towns on the server?

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Tue May 14, 2013 1:40 am

0.0 a memorial to the fallen xD i love it!!
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Endermanslayer66 Tue May 14, 2013 7:18 am

Masterrobot wrote:I still want to do my hotel idea for spawn with train stations that go to the towns. Perhaps we could dedicate buildings to the old towns on the server?

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!!
Endermanslayer66
Endermanslayer66
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Fri May 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Any updates???
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  SPWeber Sat May 18, 2013 6:21 pm

I think we should consider having a whilelist for the first few days with only staff on it (including moderators) so we can get spawn built and everything sorted out. All of the staff should be able to help out with the building and design of Econicraft two point ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sat May 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah that sounds like a great idea
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 am

I CAN'T WAIT until I can build another town!!! I have already got building ideas down xD yayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayyayayyayyayyayayayayayayayyayayayyayyaayyaayyayyyayayayyayayayayayyayayyayayayayayyayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayyayayyayyayyayayayayayayayyayayayyayyaayyaayyayyyayayayyayayayayayyayayyayayayayayyayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayyayayyayyayyayayayayayayayyayayayyayyaayyaayyayyyayayayyayayayayayyayayyayayayayayyayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayyayayyayyayyayayayayayayayyayayayyayyaayyaayyayyyayayayyayayayayayyayayyayayayayayyayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayyayayyayyayyayayayayayayayyayayayyayyaayyaayyayyyayayayyayayayayayyayayyayayayayayyayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayyayayyayyayyayayayayayayayyayayayyayyaayyaayyayyyayayayyayayayayayyayayyayayayayayyayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayyayayyayyayyayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya

no seriously i physically can't I am to hyper! I think i should see a therapist :/
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Sun May 19, 2013 3:55 pm

As far as the buildings go I have the ideas, I just need need to build them in single-player. I also need to test water elevators, but I might be able to get kit to do that as he is better with redstone. Also, I would like whoever did the art museum in plaza to do the art on the back of the one that is dedicated to plaza with pixel art so I need to collaborate with them on that.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sminty10 Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Well, rocky was the one who did the pixel art, and he is long gone xD but I can also make pixel art if required. I am quite keen to create another hall of members, whether that will be hosted at spawn or my soon to be town I don't know.
Sminty10
Sminty10

Back to top Go down

Post  SPWeber Mon May 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Sminty10 wrote:Well, rocky was the one who did the pixel art, and he is long gone xD but I can also make pixel art if required. I am quite keen to create another hall of members, whether that will be hosted at spawn or my soon to be town I don't know.

I think we should keep all giant creative-made stuff like that in or near spawn and out of towns
SPWeber
SPWeber

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Mon May 20, 2013 8:17 pm

I think an art museum would be a cool thing, and something that would be a great attraction on the server. I think it would be great to have this building at spawn, but it would also be a great building to have somewhere else although all that we have planned for spawn is a few skyscrapers, a train station, and an entrance to a mine that people can use while they look around for a town. I think a great architectural style for this art museum would be something that looks like the capitol building in dc or the greek pantheons. They're also easy to add on to. It could also be used for the train station, but it would be col to do something like heathrow airport for the train station at spawn because it would mimic the skyscrapers.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Econicraft 2.0 - Coming June 2013 Empty Lol cant wait

Post  bradenbob Mon May 20, 2013 8:45 pm

I cant wait till the server is back up but i also have no idea what rank i am xD

bradenbob

Back to top Go down

Econicraft 2.0 - Coming June 2013 Empty FINA_FUCKING_LY!!!!!!

Post  Daddy_pika Tue May 21, 2013 7:55 pm

This makes me so happy guys. Ive been passing the time on A friends server, Helping him get it going well, But i miss you guys so much. Shane is the only one that has come to see me there, And i made him a mod, just for it!

Stop by Adeptcraft, and we can count down the days till June 1st!

10 BITCHES!

Daddy_pika

Back to top Go down

Post  masterrobot Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 pm

So I have the ideas for all of the towns I'm going to do already made(mind=blown), and I have a fantastic idea for the main building in spawn. The four towns are: lilycove, endslayer, plaza, and fenris. The main building will take a long time, and I need to think long and hard about it. I was thinking of using wool and a system of redstone torches to makes the building light up at night with an array of colors in different patterns. We could even coordinate it with fireworks to make it look super awesome. My brother will be helping me with it because I focus more on the design of the building and the redstone will be complicated because I want it to be able to be able to easily make a new pattern.

So in spawn: We need to find a desert and level it. Then we need to map out where each building is going to go. The buildings we have are: the 4 towers, plus the main spawn tower that has to be built last, the art museum, the mine, and the train station. Are there any that anyone would like to add or subtract?

I will try to get these four buildings up as soon as possible so that we can have a mostly functioning spawn.

masterrobot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next